LYL Policy regarding CORONAVIRUS (COVID 19)
Customer and Staff Safety
As has always been the case, the safety and security of our guests and staff remain our highest priority. We take great pride in maintaining the highest standards of cleanliness and hygiene. In response to the coronavirus threat we have taken additional measures to make our cleaning and hygiene protocols even more rigorous:
· In addition to our usual stringent valeting procedures which include use of antibacterial cleaner, on the day of your charter we will again wipe down all surfaces with disinfectant, including the following area’s:
o Doors and door knobs
o Hand rails
· All cooking utensils, crockery and glasses will be dishwasher cleaned and delivered to your boat for you to store away
· Anti bacterial spray surface cleaner and hand wash is available (subject to availability) on board each yacht for your use during your charter.
· All fabric seats/bed area’s will be sprayed with antibacterial product and allowed to air. We recommend use of your own sleeping bags & pillows, however these can be purchased on your behalf at cost upon specific request (subject to availability and sufficient time to source).
· Top sides will be thoroughly washed with soap cleaner after last use.
· Our staff follow government guidelines to minimise the risk of spread of the virus and have been issued with hand sanitiser for use when they are not in a position to use soap and water.
· Handovers on board the yacht will as far as possible be carried our on the pontoon or within the cockpit rather that within the saloon area of the yacht. We would ask that only the skipper is present for this, with the rest of the crew remaining ashore until the handover is complete.
· Hired wet weather clothing will be kept aside for 72 hours after return from hire before being made available for re use.
· Although we will carry out external checks as soon as possible on return of a yacht, where possible (ie where a yacht has not been immediately re chartered) we will leave 72 hours between return of a yacht and carrying our internal return checks. This may result in a slight delay in being able to confirm any post-charter costs to you.
Given the current unique circumstances we are making additional adjustments to our booking policies to give you extra peace of mind. For bookings made until further notice;
· If you or your crew are affected by Coronavirus or by quarantine or border closures then you may rebook your charter to another date provided that the revised departure date is within 12 months of the original departure date and the booking fee has been paid in full. If the rescheduled booking is more expensive then the price difference will be due; otherwise the price will remain unchanged.
· If government advice or legislation should mean that you are unable to travel and or commence your charter and you would prefer to cancel your booking rather than defer it to a later date– although our booking terms state that the balance of your charter is due if this event occurs within 6 weeks of your charter date, we will not be enforcing this clause and any deposit paid will be refundable on request.